Designed by one of the most influential residential architects in America, Royal Barry Wills, this classic Cape Cod style residence blends a sense of timeless elegance, functionality and aesthetic appeal with a flowing layout that will fit with today’s lifestyle. Welcomed by a pillared gated entry, one immediately feels a sense of tranquility and peace. Serene ocean and mountain views surround the main residence privately set on 3 acres+/- of park-like grounds, creating a feeling of privacy. Included in this offering is an additional 2.5 acre+/- ocean view parcel, complete with avocado orchard and pastures.
The mainly single level floor plan offers a wonderful flow for both formal and informal entertaining and comfortable everyday living. Generous windows allow natural light in from the southern exposure and provide views from every room. The inviting living space of approximately 6,192 sq. ft. includes a gracious living room, formal dining room, wood paneled library opening to a sunny lanai, a refinished kitchen with dining area, as well as six bedrooms, five and one half baths. The main level master suite is a view filled retreat and a generous upstairs bedroom/playroom adds a perfect getaway space.
With room for everyone and everything, the car enthusiast will appreciate the garage parking for 6 cars (an attached three car garage and a detached three car garage with an office/guest quarters with a half bath above).
Perfectly set on a landscaped knoll, the home boasts views in almost every direction. Gentle ocean breezes carry the sound of the distant waves. Enjoy the outdoor lifestyle for which Santa Barbara is so well known. Take advantage of the lighted tennis court (recently resurfaced), not only set up for tennis, but also has a basketball hoop and a pickleball court. A shaded brick viewing area is great for those who want to cheer you on.
Hope Ranch is a treasure in itself. Palm lined drives, miles of meandering equestrian and walking trails and a pristine (privately accessed) Hope Ranch Beach create a peaceful environment for the estates and residences. Close to schools, shopping, fine dining, parks, the harbor, airport, cultural venues, La Cumbre Country Club, golf and downtown Santa Barbara & Goleta, Hope Ranch is the ideal location for a primary residence or secondary retreat.
Santa Barbara offers a wonderful climate year round and is a fantastic place to call home.
- VIEWS, VIEWS, VIEWS - Ocean, island and mountain views all around
- Two legal parcels totaling approximately 5.5 acres
- Refined and elegant home, bathed in sunlight
- Formal living room with colorful mountain views
- Formal dining room with sweeping ocean views
- Grand kitchen and informal dining area, with walls of glass opening to the ocean views
- Family room and lanai with views towards ocean and mountain
- Master suite with fireplace and views
- Bedroom wing (with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and laundry room)
- Upstairs bedroom/hideaway with bathroom
- Separate bedroom and sitting room with bathroom, ideal for guests or live-in help
- Two 3-car garages, for the car enthusiast
- Office and conference room (with powder room) above the detached three car garage
- Gated drive, winding up to brick motor-court and garages
- Lighted tennis court, with pickleball set-up and viewing patio
- Rolling lawns, ideal for an afternoon party
- Producing avocado orchard and various fruit trees on secondary parcel
- Horse pastures on secondary parcel
- The two parcel property is being sold together
Call today for more details. 805-886-1842